Here are a few casting bits from today. Some spoilers below.
- Per EW's Lynette Rice, Cheryl Ladd ("Charlie's Angels") has landed a guest spot on "NCIS" on CBS, playing a love interest for Ducky (David McCallum) in a late October episode.
- Michael J. Fox ("Spin City") will return to CBS' "The Good Wife", reprising his role of Alicia's (Julianna Margulies) nemesis Louis Canning for three or four episodes, according to TVLine's Michael Ausiello.
- From E!Online's Kristin Dos Santos comes the news that Beau Garrett ("Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior") is going to play a cult leader on an upcoming episode of "Chuck". (Note: The UK site (where I constantly get redirected to) seems to have problems, so no link for the moment, but later.)
- Also per TVLine's Michael Ausiello, Andrew Leeds ("Dirt", "Nip/Tuck") has been cast as the new recurring nemesis on the upcoming seventh season of FOX' "Bones". He plays Christopher Pellant, a tech-savy "hacktivist" who is currently under house arrest for shutting down the DoD's communications network. But even if he's got no internet, he somehow is carrying out a murder spree. His first appearance is set for episode 6, and his arc could continue into the eighth season as well.
- TVLine's Matt Webb Mitovich reports today that Wes Brown ("True Blood") has joined the cast of ABC's "Private Practice" for a four-episode arc, playing a handsome stranger who gets involved in Amelia's (Caterina Scorsone) ongoing storyline about her addiction.
- And on a personal note: Like many of you, I was deeply saddened and shocked to her about the Passing of "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" actor Andy Whitfield. He was taken from us way too soon. May he Rest In Peace. My sincere condolences to all his family, friends and countless fans around the globe.