A few news items from the last few hours.
- MTV has officially canceled its controversial teen series "Skins" after one season. The network states that various reasons (Viacom ordering them to tone the series down to prevent possible trouble with child pornography laws, the Parent Television Council firing on all fronts against it, etc.) have led to the decision to discontinue the US version of the British format.
- Rapper/actor Ice-T has tweeted today that he has signed on for another two years of "Law & Order: SVU". While he is staying put on the show, he also mentioned in another tweet that no new cast members are currently signed on for the show.
And two bits from TVLine:
- Molly Parker ("Deadwood", "Swingtown") has signed on for multiple episodes of the upcoming sixth season of Showtime's "Dexter". She will play Lisa Marshall, the sister of Travis (Colin Hanks) a mysterious guy who's a brilliant expert on ancient artifacts who gets involved in a gruesome murder in Miami.
- Mark Pellegrino ("Supernatural" "Lost") has been added to the cast of the final season of TNT's "The Closer". When Brenda has to go to court for her methods of getting confessions and solving crimes, it's Pellegrino's character who has to try to keep her reputation intact. For more info about the general storyline of the coming season, which launches July 11, hit the link above and scroll down a bit.
- Eva La Rue ("CSI: Miami") has agreed to return to ABC's fading daytime soap "All My Children", reprising the role of Maria, Hayley Santos' (Kelly Ripa) sister-in-law for a few episodes in July.