A few casting updates, gathered from various sources.
- According to TVLine's Matt Webb Mitovich, Aidan Quinn ("Book of Daniel") and Martin Short ("Damages") have both landed parts on the upcoming seventh season of Showtime's "Weeds". For more spoilery info about the new season and the roles the newly added actors play, hit the link above.
- Deadline's Nellie Andreeva reports that Frances Conroy ("Six Feet Under","Happy Town") and Alexandra Breckenridge ("Life Unexpected") have both joined the cast of Ryan Murphy's FX pilot "American Horror Story", which centers on therapist Ben Harmon (Dylan McDermott), who moves into a new house with his wife (Connie Britton) and their kids, only to encounter something very sinister. Conroy and Breckenridge will play the same role - that of the family's housekeeper. Conroy in present day, and Breckenridge as a younger version.
- Per EW's Sandra Gonzalez, Rockmond Dunbar ("Prison Break") has signed on to play the new hard-nosed Charming sheriff on FX's "Sons of Anarchy" for multiple episodes. Additionally, LaMonica Garrett has come aboard as well, playing Deputy Sheriff Cane, one of a bunch of law enforcers trying to put some pressure on the guys of SAMCRO.
- James Van Der Beek ("Dawson's Creek", "Mercy") will guest star on USA's final season of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent, TVLine's Megan Masters reports. The "Social Network" themed episodes show Van Der Beek as Rex Tamlyn, an overconfident, hard-partying playboy and partner in a Facebook-Like website devoted to “connecting people who share fleeting romantic encounters."
- Also from TVLine's Megan Masters comes the news that Billy Brown ("Lights Out") has joined the cast of "Dexter" to play Miami Metro's latest feather-ruffling Detective, a man who likes to change things up. But Dexter, as we know, despises change…