Another flurry of casting news from the pilot waterfront.
- Jeremy Sisto (“Kidnapped”) and Carly Chaikin (“The Last Song”) are coming aboard ABC’s comedy pilot “Suburgatory”. It centers on teenage girl Tessa (Jane Levy) who gets moved by her dad George (Sisto) from Manhattan, where she grew up, to what she calls her own personal hell – the suburbs. Chaikin plays Dahlia, a trendy girl and the biggest mean girl at the local high school.
- Michael Chiklis (“The Shield”, “No Ordinary Family”) is set to star in “Vince Uncensored”, CBS’ half-hour comedy pilot co-produced by Conan O’Brien’s Conaco. It’s about a man (Chilklis) who has a life-changing experience, and decided to take a new, more honest approach to his life, family and work. The casting of Chiklis is in second position to his role on ABC’s “No Ordinary Family”. That show has slim chances of returning next season.
- Donal Logue (“Terriers”) and Terry O’Quinn (“Lost”) have both joined ABC’s Marc Cherry drama pilot “Hallelujah” as leads. It centers on the town of Hallelujah, Tenn. where the forces of good and evil are portayed through diner owner Rye Turner (Logue) a deeply moral, hard-working family man who has a run of tragic luck. On the other side is his nemesis, corrupt billionaire Del Roman (O’Quinn), who is a man donating to church, but virtually owns the town and is a mean bully under his upstanding persona who resort to any means to get his way. Del is on the winning streak of this battle against Rye, but things start to change once a mysterious stranger (Jesse L. Martin) arrives in town.
- Jennifer Morrison (“House”, “How I Met Your Mother”) is cast as the lead, and Josh Dallas, Jamie Dornan (“Marie Antoinette”) and Jared Gilmore (“Mad Men”) have been set to co-star in ABC’s drama pilot “Once Upon A Time”. It tells the story Anna (Morrison), a woman who comes into the small town of Storybrook, a place where the magic and mystery of fairl tales may be real – including chracters like Snow White, the Evil Queen (Lana Parrilla), Prince Charming (Dallas) and Rumplestiltskin (Robert Carlyle). Dornan plays the town’s handsome sherrif, and 10-year old Gilmore plays Anna’s biological son, the only resident of Storybrook not under the Evil Queen’s spell. He enlists the help of his mom to fight her.
- Mario Cantone (“Sex and The City”) is reuniting with “SATC” executive producer Michael Patrick King on his NBC drama pilot “A Mann’s World”, with Jesse Jones also coming aboard. The project stars Don Johnson as Allan, a straight Beverly Hills hairdresser in his 50s who is struggling to stay young and hip in a place where looks, youth and beauty are everything. Cantone plays Allan’s salon manager, a single gay man who handles day-to-day business and acts as a mother figure to the salon work family. Kelly Hu, Sandra Vergara, Caitlin Crosby and JR Bourne have been previously cast.
- Joe Mazzello (“The Social Network”, “Jurassic Park”) and Condola Rashad have been added to “Georgetown”, the ABC drama pilot centering on Andrew Pierce (Jimmy Wolk) a brilliant, effortlessly charming Yale gradiate and the youngest Presidential speech-writer on record. Mazzello plays Peter, a junior White House staffer living with his best friends Andrew, Sam (Daisy Betts) and Nikki (Katie Cassidy). Rashad plays an ambitious lesbian journalist working on the Stlye segment of PoliticalCapitol.com, but she’d rather be covering harder news.
- Reggie Lee (“Prison Break”) has come aboard NBC’s drama pilot “Grimm”, which is quite similar in context to ABC’s pilot “Once Upon A Time”. “Grimm” is a fantastical, dark cop drama about a world where characters from Grimm’s fairy tales exist. At the center is Nick Burckhardt (David Giuntoli) a handsome detective who has the ability to see humans as beasts/animals, and has the legacy to protect “humans” from the beasts. Lee plays a cop working with Nick. Silas Weir Mitchell, Russell Hornsby, Bitsie Tulloch and Sasha Roiz co-star.