First off, a personal note:
After roughly a year of working only part-time, I am now back to work full-time. This means the time I can devote to this blog is occasionally more limited than it was before. But don't fret, I will still be around, and if something big happens in TV land, I will update ASAP, as I still check all my sources very regularly each day. Just the smaller bits will sometimes have to wait a bit longer, and will be served in bulks, just like the following casting update.
OK, enough about me.
From EW's Michael Ausiello:
- Andie McDowell and Rosa Blasi ("Make It Or Break It") are joining the cast of FOX' upcoming drama "Lone Star". McDowell is nearing a deal to play the love interest of the oil tycoon played by Jon Voight, while Blasi will recur as Blake, trophy-wife of the Lady Macbeth kind to Mark Deklin's character.
- Laura Bell Bundy will be recurring on the upcoming sixth season of "How I Met Your Mother", playing Robin's (Cobie Smulders) new co-host on "Metro News One", after Don (Ben Koldyke) has left town in last season's finale.
- Richard Schiff ("Past Life") has joined the cast of CBS' midseason spinoff "Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior". He will play FBI director Jack Fickler.
-Christopher McDonald is the latest addition to CBS's new legal drama "Harry's Law". He recurs from the second episode on as Thomas “Tommy” Jefferson, a "fast-talking, attention-seeking lawyer whose office is perma-lit for press conferences".
- Carol Burnett is cast as Sue Sylvester's (Jane Lynch) mother on FOX' "Glee". So far, only some details of Sue's Nazi-hunting mom have surfaced, so this should shed a whole different light on things next season.
- Lou Ferrigno ("The Incredible Hulk") has landed a guest spot on NBC's upcoming fourth season of "Chuck". In the second episode, he will play the bodyguard of an evil model/spy, played by Karolina Kurkova.
- Dallas Roberts ("Rubicon", "The L Word") has landed a potentially recurring part on the second season of CBS' "The Good Wife", playing Alicia's (Julianna Margulies) gay brother. Don't expect the sexual orientation to be a big issue, though. “We just thought [it would be interesting] if it didn’t matter," exec producer Robert King explained.
- Courtney Ford ("Dexter") has tapped a ptoentially recurring role on "The Vampire Diaries" over at The CW. She will play a grad student who helps Elena, Alaric and Damon in their research on Isobel.
And just to prove that this is not a copy of Ausiello's blog - from TV Guide:
- Edward James Olmos ("Battlestar Galactica"; "Miami Vice") will guest star in an upcoming October episode of "CSI: NY", playing a former gang leader who was put away 15 years ago by Mac Taylor (Gary Sinise). After his release from prison, he goes head-to-head with Mac.
- Joanna Cassidy has joined the cast of "Body Of Proof". On the ABC drama, she is set to play the recurring part of Dr. Megan Hunt's (Dana Delany) mother.
- Malcolm McDowell will reprise his role of Britt Styles, leader of the Visualize Self-Realization Center on the next season of "The Mentalist".
And per Variety, Jeff Goldblum has turned in his badge for "Law & Order: Criminal Intent". If, and that's a big "if", the show will get a tenth season on USA, Goldblum chose not to be part of it, "due to the uncertainty of the show's future".
See, I told you it was a massive one…