Quite a few fresh casting reports surfaced in the last 12 hours.
- The Hollywood Reporter reports that not only will there be a Britney Spears-themed episode in the next season of "Glee" on FOX, but the trade has now confirmed that the singer will appear on the show as well, at least in a few scenes.
"Britney, I think 100%, is going to be on the episode. She is going to join us for a couple of scenes," said creator Rya Murphy told Ryan Seacrest. He added that the episode will not make fun of Spears' turmoil from the last few years, but will focus on her accomplishments as a singer. "We're handling Britney with kid gloves".
From EW's Michael Ausiello:
- Bret Harrison ("Reaper") has joined the cast of the upcoming sophomore season of ABC's "V". He will recur as Dr. Sydney Miller, an evolutionary biologist who might know what caused the sky to turn red in last season's finale. His first appearance is set for episode 2.
- Judd Hirsch will guest star on "Warehouse 13" in the show's first stand-alone holiday episode, which will of course air later in the year. Hirsch plays Artie's father.
Additionally, Paul Blackthorne ("The Gates", "The Dresden Files") will also be guesting in the episode, playing a workaholic running afoul of a thief with a fetish for Santa.
- Chris Parnell ("Saturday Night Live", "30 Rock") will visit "Eureka" around Christmas. He'll play a Global Dynamics scientist who runs an experiment during an office Christmas party that doesn't go well.
- Eric Winter ("Brothers & Sisters") will be appearing on "The Mentalist" next season, playing a fooball player-turned FBI agent, who will start flirting with Grace Van Pelt (Amanda Righetti). Rigsby (Owain Yeoman) is surely not gonna like that…
- Bonita Friedericy, who plays General Beckman on NBC's "Chuck", has been promoted to a full series regular for next season. Means, we get to see more of her, including her lower body.
- Kevin Alejandro, who currently recurs on "True Blood" as Jesus, the potential love interest for Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis), has joined the cast of "Parenthood" on NBC. He is set to recur as a potential love interest for Sarah (Lauren Graham). But, as we know, he won't be the only one wooing the former Gilmore Girl.
- Zosia Mamet (Director David Mamet's daughter; "The United States Of Tara") has also joined "Parenthood" in a recurring part. She plays Kelsey, the upper-class new BFF of Amber (Mae Whitman), which poses some problems for Sarah.