Well, we're in the middle of Comic-Con, and the casting news are dropping in all over the place. And this is just a taste of what we we'll get when the TCA Press Tour will take flight next week.
- Indira Varma ("Rome", "Torchwood", "Bones") is coming aboard "Human Target" as a new series regular, playing new team leader Ilsa. She's described in the casting breakdown as sophisticated, driven and principled. She is a widow with a vast fortune that she uses to help better the world. Ilsa finds Chance’s [Mark Valley] lethal methods and his past deeds unacceptable, but she will learn to appreciate (slowly) the altruistic benefits that he has to offer. Ilsa is witty, sexy, clearly in charge and doesn’t take any nonsense from anyone. Chance has met his match.”
- Sarah Carter ("Shark", "CSI: NY") has booked a regular role on TNT's upcoming sci-fi series "Falling Skies". She will play a member of a motorcycle gang helping Tom (Noah Wyle) and Anne (Moon Bloodgood) escaping from the grip of an alien force.
- Teen singer Justin Bieber will guest star on the upcoming season premiere of "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation". His role is that of, per the press release, "Jason McCann, a troubled teen who is faced with a terrible decision regarding his only brother—a decision that leads him into an explosive confrontation with the CSIs. It is the beginning of an emotional story that will conclude later in the season." So yeah, he will return for more episodes.
- Katheryn Winnick is set to appear on "Bones" for about five episodes, playing Ashley, a war corresponded who, let's say, bonded with Booth (David Boreanaz) during his stay in Afghanistan. When he returns to Washington, D.C, she follows him back, and things start to get messy.
- Ben Wishaw ("Perfume: Story Of A Murderer") has booked the lead in Alan Ball's ("True Blood") new HBO pilot "All Signs Of Death". Based on Charlie Huston's novel "The Mystic Arts of Erasing All Signs of Death", the darkly comedic project centers on Webster Filmore Goodhue (Whishaw), a slacker in his twenties who ends up working as a crime scene cleaner, only to get entangled in a murder mystery.
- Joe Manganiello, who plays werewolf Alcide on the current third season of "True Blood", has been upped to a series regular for the fourth season, which will air next summer.
- Mayim Bialik, who appeared in the third season finale of "The Big Bang Theory" in May, will return to wreak more havoc on Sheldon's (Jim Parsons) heart as Amy Farrah Fowler in the upcoming fourth season of the successful CBS sitcom, which made the switch to Thursdays for this fall.
- Evan Ross (son of Diana) will be part of the new season of "90210". He'll play Charlie, a well-read chap who will quickly get wrapped up in a triangle with two current members of the West Bev crowd. One of them is Annie (Shenae Grimes).
- Jonathan Sadowski will take over the lead role from Ryan Devlin in CBS new comedy "$#*! My Dad Says", alongside William Shatner.
- Nate Corddry has been added to the new NBC legal drama "Harry's Law". He will play a redesigned version of the part Ben Chaplin originated in the pilot, playing the son of Harriet (Kathy Bates), the lawyer the show centers on.
- Melora Hardin is set to replace Gina Gershon on NBC's upcoming legal drama "Outlaw", starring Jimmy Smits as U.S. Supreme Court judge Cyrus Garza, who quits his job and opens a private law practice. Hardin will play Claire Sax, a senior partner in the new law firm and Garza's love interest.
Sources: Deadline.com, EW's Michael Ausiello, E!Online, Fancast's Matt Webb Mitovich, Hollywood Reporter