Here's another update from the pilot casting front.
- Tony Hale ("Chuck", "Numb3rs") and Matt Letscher ("Eli Stone") have both joined ABC hybrid comedy pilot "Awkward Situations For Men".
The pilot stars british on-air personality Danny Wallace. He moves to the US with his wife, but his behavior clashes with American values, which triggers lots of trouble.
Hale plays Will, Wallace's first US friend who looks out for him, with Letscher playing the insecure boss of a smoothie place.
- John Michael Hill has been cast in "187 Detroit" a new drama pilot for ABC about a fictional documentary film crew following a top homicide division. Hill plays a rookie detective and father-to-be.
- Matt Ryan is close to coming aboard the "Criminal Minds" spinoff over at CBS. The new project follows a different team of profilers who work outside the FBI bureaucracy. Forest Whitaker is in talks to play the team leader. Ryan is set to play Mick, a Cambridge-educated British ex-Mercenary, formerly of the British Special Forces, an expert sniper and a ladies man.
- Matthew Broderick heads to series television with a starring role in the NBC multi-camera comedy pilot "Beach Lane". It tells the story of a celebrity author (Broderick) hired by an irresponsible millionaire heir to run his struggling small-town newspaper in the Hamptons.
Allison Janney is cast in "Mr. Sunshine", co-starring Matthew Perry. The ABC single-camera project is about the manager of an aging San Diego stadium (Perry), who notices that in his 40's his non-comitting, charming ways are over. Janney plays Crystal, his boss who runs the stadium.
Janney is also attached to Showtime's pilot "Shameless".
- Reno Wilson, Billy Gardell and Katy Mixon have both joined the CBS comedy pilot "Mike & Molly" from Chuck Lorre. It's described as a romantic multi-camera comedy about charming, overweight police officer Mike (Gardell), and plump but pretty Molly, who meet at an Overeaters Anonymous. Wilson plays Mike's teasing partner at the police department, and Mixon plays Molly's older sister.
Megan Hilty has been cast in NBC's untiled Adam Carolla single-camera comedy pilot. Corolla plays a contractor trying to get his life back together after a divorce. Hilty will play a trophy wife. Described as a ball-busting client from hell, she hires Carolla and his crew to remodel her kitchen.
- Veteran Bollywood actor Harish Patel is coming aboard the FOX comedy pilot "Nirvana". It's about grown-up Indian-American brothers and their immigrant parents, of which Patel plays the father.
Source: The Hollywood Reporter