Well, pilot season really is in full swing now, huh? That's why I am updating on a daily basis currently with new pilot threads.
From the Hollywood Reporter:
- Michael Rady ("Swingtown", "Greek", "Sleeper Cell" is the first actor to be cast in The CW's re-invention of "Melrose Place". In the pilot ordered yesterday, Rady will play Jonah Miller, an aspiring filmmaker who earns his living filming weddings and bar mizvahs for rich people. He moved to Los Angeles with his fiancée a year ago.
The role is said to be in the vein of Billy (Andrew Shue) from the original series.
- Lindsay Price has come aboard "Eastwick", the ABC drama pilot loosely based on the feature film "The Witches Of Eastwick", about three witches coming into their powers.
Price will play one of the witches, Joanna, who is a reporter with a shy side on the local newspaper.
- Eric Christian Olsen ("Brothers & Sisters") is cast as the lead in ABC's untitled Ricky Blitt comedy pilot. The project centers on a 30s man who hasn't really grown up, and is torn between his needy best friend and the new found love of his life and her teenage children.
- Taylor Schilling has been tapped as the lead in NBC's drama pilot "Mercy", about three nurses at Mercy Hospital struggling with their professional and private lives. Schilling plays the central role of Veronica Callahan, who recently completeted a tour in Iraq.
- Amy Acker is the latest actress to join "Happy Town", the small-town murder mystery pilot about the return of a serial kidnapper. Acker play's the wife of newly initiated sheriff Tommy Conroy (George Stults)
- 9-year-old Dakota Goyo has been cast as the young lead in ABC's untitled Daniel Cerone drama pilot about a low-level detective getting help from his genius 11-year-old brother (Goyo) to solve crimes. Brad Henke has also been cast as the detective's best friend and partner.
And yes, Dakota is a boy... believe me, I checked...